"Music of fluidity and austere beauty....deep, elusive mystery...dispersing its energy in unexpected ways" - The Boston Globe
Kati Agócs is a composer whose music merges lapidary rigor with sensuous lyricism and is performed by leading musicians across the globe. She received the prestigious Arts and Letters Award in Music earlier this year, as well as an earlier Charles Ives Fellowship from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. In its citations the Academy said: “The music of Kati Agócs reveals a wonderfully accessible lyricism that unfolds with both drama and complexity. … It has heart: it reaches the hearer through melody and clear design, with its soulful directness and its naturalness of dissonance.” Kati Agócs serves on the composition faculty at the New England Conservatory in Boston. For more reviews, go to the press section. To learn more about Kati, visit her biography page.
- The Debrecen Passion to be premiered by Boston Modern Orchestra Project and Lorelei Ensemble, January 2015
- The Minnesota Orchestra performs Perpetual Summer, January 2015
- The Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra performs Requiem Fragments, February 2015
- Ensemble Reconsil performs Immutable Dreams in Vienna, May 2015
- The Windsor Symphony Orchestra performs Shenanigan in the composer's birthplace, November 2014
- Dinosaur Annex performs Versprechen in Boston, October 2014: Boston Globe Review and Boston Musical Intelligencer Review
- New review of Northern Lights in performance by Bridget Kibbey, October 2014
- 50th Anniversary Commission from The Boston Symphony Orchestra Chamber Players is premiered in Boston, February 2014
- Crystallography in U.S. Premiere with Collage New Music; The Boston Musical Intelligencer calls the work "a highly structured celebration of alliteration and assonance...[with] sections of misterioso chanting, thematic folksong, and dramatic exclamation—all artfully employed by Agócs." Read the full review here
- Crystallography performed on the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra's New Music Festival: VancouverClassicalMusic.com cites its "wondrous ease and flow," "exotic rhythms", and "hypnotic Bolero-like feel."
- "Shenanigan whirls with the energy, struggle, and humour of the people of our region..." Review of the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra's performance of Agócs orchestral work in the St. John's Telegram
- Kati Agócs is named a 2013 Composition Fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
For further announcements, visit the news section.