Kati Agócs is a composer whose music merges lapidary rigor with sensuous lyricism and is performed by leading musicians across the globe. A current Guggenheim Fellow, she was recently awarded the Arts and Letters Award in Music from the American Academy of Arts and Letters, who cited "music that seems to come directly from nature" and praised its individuality, spirituality, drama, color, boldness, and lyricism. Kati Agócs serves on the composition faculty at the New England Conservatory in Boston. For more reviews, go to the press section. To learn more about Kati, visit her biography page.
- Ensemble Reconsil performs Immutable Dreams in Vienna, May 2015
- Kati Agócs curates an orchestral concert on the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra's 24th New Music Festival, February 2015
- The Minnesota Orchestra performs Perpetual Summer, January 2015
- World premiere for orchestra and chorus performed by Boston Modern Orchestra Project and Lorelei Ensemble, January 2015
- The Windsor Symphony Orchestra performs Shenanigan with Robert Franz conducting, November 2014
The American Academy of Arts and Letters names Kati Agócs a winner of the Arts and Letters Award in Music, which honors outstanding artistic achievement and acknowledges the composer who has arrived at his or her own voice
- 50th Anniversary Commission from The Boston Symphony Orchestra Chamber Players is premiered in Boston; The Boston Musical Intelligencer calls Devotion "a moderate and decorous discourse"; The Boston Globe says the work "engages the ear by gathering and dispersing its energy in unexpected ways"; Matthew Guerrieri profiles the concert in New Music Box
- Crystallography in U.S. Premiere with Collage New Music; The Boston Musical Intelligencer calls the work "a highly structured celebration of alliteration and assonance...[with] sections of misterioso chanting, thematic folksong, and dramatic exclamation—all artfully employed by Agócs." Read the full review here
- Crystallography performed on the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra's New Music Festival: VancouverClassicalMusic.com cites its "wondrous ease and flow," "exotic rhythms", and "hypnotic Bolero-like feel."
- "Shenanigan whirls with the energy, struggle, and humour of the people of our region..." Review of the Newfoundland Symphony Orchestra's performance of Agócs orchestral work in the St. John's Telegram
- Kati Agócs is named a 2013 Composition Fellow of the John Simon Guggenheim Memorial Foundation
For further announcements, visit the news section.